On Saturday Apr 23 Summelrin’s rifle team traveled to Cape Coral, FL to compete in the 2016 JROTC state championship. The competition was very close throughout the day and it came down to the last shooter. The cadets have put in countless hours training all year. This is the first time they have won since 1998. Additionally Luis Vazquez shot a 270 out of 300 earning him the top overall shooter of the state! Congratulations to Summerlin’s rifle team for winning the 2016 JROTC Florida state rifle championship!
New parent night will be May 2 at Bartow High school in the cafeteria at 6:30 pm.
New cadet registration will be May 14 at Summerlin Academy 7 am- 5 pm.
For more information please call the main office at 863-519-7504.
Summelrin Academy’s 5k fun run is celebrating 100 years of JROTC. Come out and join us in the celebration! For information click on the links below.
Sign up online click here.
Prom Tickets will go on sale from March 28-April 22nd during all lunches. $80.00 and a free t-shirt while supplies last. All obligations must be cleared before purchase. No bills larger than $20.00 and checks or money orders are accepted. You can find Non-School date forms in the front office. Any questions see Mrs. Nelson during lunch.
- SAT- May 7th, 2016 Register by April 8th at www.sat.collegeboard.com
- Algebra 1 EOC Retake- testing window March 28th- April 8th
- FCAT Reading Retake (12th graders)- testing window March 28th- April 8th
- FSA Reading Retake (11th graders)- testing window March 28th- April 8th
- FSA Reading (9th and 10th graders)- testing window April 11th- May 6th
- Algebra 1, Geometry, Algebra 2 EOC- testing window April 18th- May 13th
- Biology and US History EOC- testing window May 9th – May 18th
Students of Summerlin Academy! The Yearbook wants to feature YOUR exciting summer photos! If you did something fun, exciting or unique this summer, share your photos on the Bartow High School Yearbook page or email to email@example.com.
A Grade Recovery option is available for your BHS/SA student if he or she failed a class during the first nine week period. If your child failed one or more classes during the first nine weeks, he or she was given a copy of the attached contract. In order to take advantage of this option, and be included in the grade recovery process, you and your child will need to sign and return the attached contract to the Discipline office at Bartow High School, or to the main office at Summerlin Academy. This is a second chance for your student to stay on track for graduation.
Students will have two ways of earning back their credit.
- Option 1 is completing missing assignments for the first grading period. If their grade is too low for this option, they will have the opportunity to complete a more comprehensive second option.
- Option 2 requires that they attend a minimum of four computer based sessions after school on Mondays, Wednesdays or Saturdays to complete a standards’ based module for the grading period. There is also a paper packet of material that must be satisfactorily completed in order to receive a passing credit.
- All work must be completed and turned in by Friday, January 15, 2016.
The app will provide you with another source of information about our school like the daily uniform. Just go to either Google play for android or the apple store for Iphone to download the app.