Title One Information
Parent Involvement Programs Mission Statement
District and school-based Title I Parent Involvement Programs in Polk County will strive to build RELATIONSHIPS to create real family engagement for every child, every family, every teacher, every day.
Title I Overview
Components of Title I are:
- Effective Instruction
- Professional Development
- Parental Involvement
Studies show that the more parents are involved in the education of their child, the more academically successful that child will be. The goal of the Title I Parent Involvement program is to give school-based Parent Involvement Facilitators information, materials and resources to enable them to provide for their parents at the school-level. It is the job of the Facilitator to give parents the tools and resources necessary for them to help their child at home. Everyone working together in this way gives the child the best possible support for doing well in school.
Useful Links & Resources
Useful Links and Resources
- The District Title One office has now developed the Parent Involvement webpage on the PCSB website. Please click on the link below to find helpful resources for parents!
- District's Title 1 Parent Involvement Webpage
- District Title 1 Parent Involvement Plan - a plan that helps parents have more information about parent involvement on the district level.
- District Title 1 Parent Involvement Plan Summary - a summary of the Parent Involvement Plan-shorter version of the more detailed plan. (English, Spanish, Haitian Creole)
- School Parent Involvement Plan - a detailed plan that helps parents understand and take part in what the school is doing.
- School PIP Summary Brochure - a summary of the Parent Involvement Plan-shorter version of the more detailed plan.
- School PIP Summary Brochure (English)
- School PIP Summary Brochure (Spanish)
- School-Parent Summary Brochure (Haitian Creole)
- School-Parent Compact - a plan developed jointly with school staff and parents that explains what teachers, other school staff, and parents need to do to help children meet state education in standards.
- School-Parent Compact (English) Compact Title 1 16-17
- School-Parent Compact (Spanish)
- School-Parent Compact (Haitian Creole)
- Right to Know letter (English, Spanish, Haitian Creole)
- Parent Center
- Parent University
- Parent Curriculum Guide/Code of Student Conduct
- School, District and State Public Accountability Report (SPAR)